Cabinet Containment Benefits of Tate Airflow Systems
Cabinet level containment completely isolates the IT cooling from the rest of the facility, which allows for full containment of supply and return air, separates the IT airflow from the human occupied space. Cabinet level containment can be more cost effective during the initial build compared to individual racks with aisle level containment because the cabinet is also the containment system. Automated airflow controls reduce energy costs and provide the most efficient use of the data centers IT cooling capacity. The dedicated airflow path for equipment cooling aids in the implementation of fully economized or passive airflow cooling designs.
Benefits of Cabinet Containment:
- Cabinet containment allows for increased inlet air temperatures and completely eliminates bypass airflow.
- Provides long term operational efficiency with the ability to incrementally increase the equipment inlet air temperature or use passive airflow supply without affecting the human space.
- Containment cabinets are more cost effective than cabinets with aisle containment
- Eliminates the need for hot/cold aisle layout. The isolated airflow paths and standard module sizes of the chimney and airflow panel allow the cabinet to be deployed in any new or existing pod or cage configuration.
- Airflow controls allow for simple integration with the building management system and DCIM can provide real time information to the data center manager.
Learn more about the benefits of raised floor systems for data centers…